7 Fat Loss Tips You Can't Do Without
Do you want to lose fat? Have you tried different diets and failed consistently? If you answered yes to these questions, you are in good company. There are a lot of people who have been trying fat loss diets over the years and have failed. The reason they have not succeeded is that they used gimmicks and lose-weight-fast diets that do more damage than good. Here are some sensible things to keep in mind when you try to lose weight.
1. Figure out how you got here. You may need to learn to eat better, or you may need to overcome problems that are encouraging you to eat. Whether it's a lifestyle change or an emotional problem, you may need to do something about it to encourage fat loss. There may even be a hormonal problem that's responsible for your weight - to find out, you'll need to talk to a competent doctor who doesn't have prejudices against you. Once you know what circumstances have caused your gain, you can deal with the problem more easily.
2. Learn to be in control. You need to be the one to decide what you will eat. Don't eat food just because it is there. Learn to choose wisely when you eat out, and learn to resist pressure by family and friends to eat "just one" food item. Come up with a long-term plan that will help you be healthy physically and mentally, and don't fall for fad diets that come and go and don't work long term.
3. Eat frequent meals. Skipping meals and eating irregularly can do strange things to your metabolism. Instead of eating a few big meals each day, consume multiple smaller ones. Every two to three hours is usually good timing for most people. Your metabolism will keep working throughout the day, instead of going through a series of ups and downs. Watch out for snack foods, though. Even though they're high in fat, it can be much better to snack on nuts than it is to grab a sugary, processed treat out of the vending machine.
4. Eat slowly and savor the food you are eating. When you eat fast, your body doesn't get a chance to realize that it's full until you've eaten too much. When you chew your food thoroughly you will eat less and enjoy it more.
5. Take baby steps. Do not starve yourself and do not start a fast loss diet that will expect you to make drastic changes. If you want to succeed in your diet it needs to be easy to follow. Take small steps, and get used to them one at a time until you reach your goal.
6. Avoid processed foods. Whole grains, veggies, and fruits are an important part of a healthy diet, as is lean protein. If you usually eat a lot of refined carbohydrates and fatty animal protein, you may have trouble maintaining your weight. You may also be at risk for diabetes, heart disease, and many other ailments. A more rounded diet featuring more vegetable sources, less refined carbohydrates, and more protein is an important key to many people's fat loss plans.
7. Drink enough fluids. You need to drink plenty of water, unsweetened teas, and other beverages. It's better to stay away from caffeine and diet sodas because they will not hydrate you well enough. Not drinking enough can cause you to feel hungry when you are really thirsty, so make sure you are drinking enough throughout the day. - 21609
About the Author: